Conveyors are often utilized in the food industry to effectively move raw ingredients from place to place and to correctly meter out ingredients for large scale recipes. As a Minnesota-based company we have worked with many of the big-name flour and food processors in the country. Our track record of creative problem-solving solutions surrounding screw conveyors are well-known around the world and particularly in the Upper Midwest.
Since the 1950s our engineers have created custom solutions for food processing conveyor systems. From large scale builds of new screw conveyor systems to retrofitting our solutions into existing systems, we have a vast library of ideas to draw upon.
When producing recipe-based food products, screw feeders are typically the conveyor of choice. Screw feeders are a special type of screw conveyor made to precisely meter out product into weighing, batching, or processing equipment. Companies making flour, cereals, and pet food rely on our screw feeders within a conveyor system.
Our designs and configurations, and option for the food industry include:
- 304, 316 & 409 stainless steels
- Continuous welds ground smooth and polished.
- Dairy finishes up to RA-24 smoothness.
- Quick release/detachable couplings
- High-flow and hopper inlets
- Live bottom, quad, twin, bi-directional and custom feeders
Custom batching is often a requirement of our clients. Anderson-Crane has decades of experience designing and making custom batching screw feeders for feed mills handling hundreds of different ingredients important to the feed industry.
Special batching feeder features:
- Quick access covers provide access to coupling bolts even when feeders
are under large hoppers
- Optional Trough-Tite Screws™ provide close auger-to-trough clearance and improve product clean out which mitigates product stagnation and cross contamination.
- Optional Mass-flow auger and trough designs for large bins and even
- All motors come standard with 20:1 constant torque turn-down capabilities.
Anderson-Crane’s superb workmanship is extended to every job we do. We provide custom fabrication for a wide variety of products and applications. We’re not just fabricators; we are highly skilled craftsmen and engineers who solve the challenges our clients face in both equipment function and fit. We’re responsive, reliable providers of industrial grade bulk materials handling solutions. Give us a call today.