The Midwest is known as the breadbasket of the world; thanks to its fertile soil, farmers can plant acre after acre of corn, wheat, and soybeans every year. When harvest season arrives, those crops need to be taken from the fields, moved to processing plants, and then eventually to our tables.
Conveyors, bucket elevators, hoppers/gates, and screw conveyors all play an important role in transforming farmer’s crops into the raw material we need to keep the nation’s food supply chain running smoothly.
Successful production operations rely on robust equipment. Anderson Crane Company has a variety of solutions for the grain processing industry. For example, screw conveyors are an economical way to transfer flowable bulk materials such as grains, powders, sand, pellets, flakes, and dusts in a dust-tight enclosure across horizontal, inclined, or vertical spans. Additionally, by utilizing custom attachments, they can be manufactured to mix, reduce, dewater, heat, or cool the product while it’s being conveyed.
In the manufacturing of food, these machines need to be reliable. Our built to deliver systems are a science and their quality is assured:
- Weldments, fit, and finish exceed industry standards
- Tight tolerances and clearances can be achieved with our Trough-Tite Screw™
- Screw conveyors are shop-assembled and test run to ensure they are straight and true
- Operation of each conveyor is video-documented and archived for quality verification
- The finished conveyors are mounted on skids with bracing or carefully crafted for maximum protection during transit
If your processing facility needs updated conveyor systems, contact Anderson-Crane. We can custom engineer the solutions you need to keep your plant running at optimal levels during any season of the year.